Quality Design and Remodeling: What to Expect From Our Process
Kiernan Remodeling and Design is an award-winning remodeling company with over 25 years of industry experience. Whether it’s a new bathroom, kitchen, whole house makeover, or a garage addition, we deliver stunning designs specifically suited to your residential and commercial property’s needs. We are here to make your dream building an architectural reality! Here’s what to expect from our process:
We meet with you at your home to discuss your needs, your wants, your wish list, general feasibility, possible solutions, your design ideas, and your budget for the next project.
Our Design Services Agreement (DSA) will enable us to give you an accurate construction budget for your project. During the DSA process, we will establish the specific scope of work while performing the following:
- Measuring and documenting in order to develop the necessary as-built drawings indicating the existing conditions.
- Researching regulatory and legal requirements that will guide the project design and scope of work.
- Developing and refining schematic floor plans and elevation drawings. This step often includes choosing between multiple design solutions.
- Evaluating existing air conditioning, plumbing, electrical and structural systems to help identify a specific design solution while continuing to address function.
- Working directly with our Interior Decorator and Interior Designer during the selection process. This process may include designing/selecting custom cabinetry, countertops, plumbing fixtures, floor finishes, wall tile, paint colors, etc. We will work with you on both design theme and color palette while keeping your construction budget in mind.
- Reviewing and revising the scope of work, selections, and schematic drawings as necessary.
- Developing a fixed price construction agreement with detailed specifications and schematic drawings with NO ALLOWANCES to determine the final cost of your project before proceeding into construction.
- Building a preliminary project schedule in Microsoft Project that can easily be modified.
Once you have approved the Construction Agreement, we will begin our Pre-Construction Services. The cost of these services are included in the Construction Agreement and involve developing construction drawings to apply for a permit, submitting a complete permit application to the appropriate municipality, meeting with field personnel and trade partners to plan how the construction will be executed, and developing a final construction schedule.
We will schedule an on-site hand-off meeting with you present prior to beginning construction to review the scope of work, site access, and introduce our Construction Manager who will be responsible for overseeing your project and schedule.
During the Construction Process, your Construction Manager will be managing and overseeing the day-to-day installation of various building systems, maintaining a high level of quality, safety, and cleanliness on the job site and in your home, and serving as a communications liaison between you and the Kiernan team.
During the construction phase, you will still have contact with your sales consultant and your designers will be working with you and our Construction Manager to ensure your project is a success.
Final Walk Through
When construction is almost complete, we will schedule our final walk-through meeting to make a detailed list of any remaining task. Our job is not complete until we have taken care of every item on the list and the area is ready to for you and your family’s enjoyment.
All labor shall be warrantied for a period of one (1) year from the date of your Certificate of Occupancy, and we will continue to be here for years to come.
Talk To us Today!
Call Kiernan Remodeling and Design today at (941) 748-1219 to schedule your FREE consultation. You can also reach us by filling out our convenient contact form, and we’ll be sure to get back to you shortly. We look forward to working with you.